A returning client came to us after purchasing a historic house in the Belle Mead area of Nashville. The homeowners wanted to transform it into a modernized, high performance home for their family of four. They called on E3 to help think through all of the building envelope details and mechanical strategies. During the renovation process, their 1920’s estate was completely gutted – only two walls and a portion of the roof were preserved – yet the finished product maintains the charm and feel of the original design.
E3 was part of the design team from the very beginning of the planning process all the way through testing and commissioning of the completed project, providing:
- Fielding questions about new technology
- Home optimization analysis using computer modeling
- HVAC load calculations and design
- Ventilation deign
- Before and after radon testing and mitigation design
- An encapsulated attic
- An encapsulated crawlspace
- Spray foam insulation and air sealing applied to envelope
- Commissioning and testing of the envelope, duct work, and system performance
Are you building or renovating a home?
Whether you are planning a new construction project or renovating a historic house, E3 provides the expertise to ensure your home is comfortable, healthy, durable, and sustainable. We work with you and your design team throughout each step of the process, including project planning, construction, and commissioning. After all is said and done, you can enjoy a home that is built with quality and intension.
“E3 is the most committed company to customer satisfaction I've ever seen. I do not hesitate at all to suggest them, highest endorsement I can give. Thanks again E3, I'll be calling again soon.” – Eddie C., Homeowner, Nashville
Who's on your design team?
Among other things, the architect is there to insure all design needs are met, the house has aesthetic appeal, and that spaces are optimized for functionality.
Your E3 Consultant
E3 works with homeowners, builders, and architects throughout the entire project to integrate smart home performance strategies and technologies into the design.
The builder's job is to make sure the construction is executed properly, the house is built according to local code requirements, and that the project stays on time and on budget.
We are a part of the design team from beginning to end.
- Project Planning
- Energy Modeling
- Heating and Cooling Design
- Ventilation Strategies
- Dehumidification Strategies
- Water Heater Design
- Home Automation
- Zero-Energy Ready Home Design
- Solar Energy Consultation
- Radon Mitigation Systems
- Sealed Crawlspace Systems
- Sprayfoam and Cellulose Insulation
- Ventilation Systems Installation
- Dehumidification Systems Installation
- Air Sealing
- Duct Sealing
- Quality Assurance
- Codes Testing
- Certified Home Ratings
- Energy Star
- LEED for Homes
- National Green Building Standard Certification
- Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
And it doesn’t stop there.
E3 offers an extended maintenance service plan that helps ensure your home continues to perform year after year. In the same way your mechanic provides routine maintenance on your vehicle, E3 will check all the systems in your home on a regular basis to keep it running smoothly. From annual equipment servicing to routine crawlspace and attic evaluations and cleaning, we take care of it for you.