Join the E3 INNOVATE Team
Since 2008, E3 INNOVATE and its sister company, E3 ECOWORKS, have helped homeowners create healthy, comfortable, energy efficient homes with the implementation of the latest technologies and innovations in home performance. E3 has received numerous awards and has been recognized for it's leadership in sustainable practices and business development.
We are looking for individuals to join our team who are passionate about sustainability and want to make a positive impact on the community through improving residential buildings. You will be working alongside others who are passionate about the environment and interested in implementing new technologies to create smart, innovative, solar-ready homes. We support and encourage continuing education and provide a variety of materials for you to learn from.
Start your career in home performance and renovation at E3 today! Candidates go through an interview process that includes a background check, drug screening, and a series of interviews. It is our policy at E3 to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in a harassment-free work environment without regards to race, color, nationality, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, alienage, or veteran status.
This position involves working with a small crew to execute home performance renovation and maintenance work, including but not limited to installing:
- insulation (spray foam and cellulose)
- sealed crawlspace systems
- weatherization materials, such as caulking and weather stripping
- new ductwork and mechanical systems
- radon mitigation systems
- air filtration systems...
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the execution of home performance tasks such as weatherization, installation of insulation (cellulose and spray foam), sealed crawlspace systems, and mechanical systems, duct sealing and installation.
- Assist with skilled work tasks, which may include carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Operate all equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks such as cellulose machine, spray foam reactor, generator, industrial insulation vacuum, paint sprayer, lift jack, power tools, and hand tools.
- Complete the Building Performance Institute’s (BPI's) Certification of Building Science Knowledge exam.
- Drive to and from job sites in a long van with trailer.
- Perform equipment repair and maintenance duties.
- Perform related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in areas of assigned work.
- Basic knowledge of residential building and construction concepts.
- Basic knowledge in home maintenance and home repairs.
- Basic skills in the operation of equipment, tools, and instruments used for assigned work areas and their proper maintenance.
- Basic skill in the operations of smartphones, iPads and related equipment.
- Basic skill in photo-documentation and email.
- Ability to operate a large van with a trailer.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and architectural drawings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, sub-contractors and clients.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to physically perform operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, walking, standing, laying, reaching, pushing, lifting, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform medium work lifting heavy objects (100 lbs) as a team and moderately heavy objects (25 lbs) alone.
- Ability to be exposed to dust, fumes, mold, and other health hazards with the use of personal protective equipment.
Desirable Education and Experience
- High school graduation preferred.
- Some experience in renovation and/or construction including equipment operation and trades work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using power and hand tools and other relevant equipment
Paid Federal holidays, paid time off, and access to basic health insurance are available for this position. Details on additional benefits offered with E3 ECOWORKS are outlines in the Employee Handbook.
Send resume and a short cover letter describing your interests and experience with the position you are applying for.
Benefits of Working with Us
- Improve the community and people's lives by improving residential homes
- Apply knowledge and skills to solve problems
- Work with others in a team setting
- Expand your knowledge of high performance homes and building science
- Paid holidays and time off, and access to health insurance and dental and vision plans