Net-Zero Energy Ready | Ashland City
Homeowners Phil and Erica own 200 acres outside of Nashville, Tennessee near Ashland City. The land was inherited by Erica and her siblings from her mother, who had protected it from future sub-division with the Land Trust for Tennessee. Erica wanted to build a sustainable energy efficient home that would honor her mother's legacy and last generations into the future.
Phil and Erica knew they wanted a tight house with as many passive features as possible. They also wanted something simple that wasn't too complicated to manage. They hired the experts at E3 INNOVATE to help them sort out the details of the insulation, mechanical systems, ventilation, radon, and other components to insure their house would be an energy efficient, healthy home with good indoor air quality and a way to manage humidity.
After living in the home for a few months, the homeowners appreciate how quiet the house is and how simple it is to use. They also appreciate the even comfort and the lack of concern for humidity.
Phil and Erica want to acknowledge and thank their project team for working to turn their dreams into reality!
- Architect - Stephen Haase, Franklin Architects, Chattanooga TN
- General Contractor - Jamey Pendergrass, Pendergrass and Son, LLC, Dickson TN
- Home Performance Design Team - Erik Daugherty and Nathan Terry, E3 INNOVATE, LLC, Nashville TN
During the design and construction phase, E3 provided:
- Design consultation
- High performance heating and cooling design and installation
- Mechanical ventilation (ERV) design and installation
- Insulation - Walls and encapsulated attic
- Radon mitigation system
- Heat pump water heater
- Other energy efficient and home performance details
- Final testing and quality assurance
- HERS score
Based on E3's modeling, this home is predicted to produce 53% less carbon emissions than average homes and save 12.9 Tons of CO2 a year, which is equivalent to reducing vehicle miles driven by 29,000 mi/year! Modeling results also suggest that the homeowners will save over $2,000 on annual energy cost compared to average homes!
Watch our videos on this home here:
Are you interested in reducing your carbon foot print and living a more sustainable lifestyle? It all starts with your home! Find out how E3 INNOVATE can help you turn your dreams of sustainability living into reality!