A Custom DADU Build-Out | Vanderbilt Neighborhood
E3 continues to expand it's services and expertise. In this project, E3 completed a build-out of a detached garage with an auxillary dwelling unit (DADU) on the second floor in the Vanderbilt neighborhood of Nashville.
E3 adopted the project from another contractor early on, so we had the opportunity to make this a high performance space. After framing and window installation, E3's work included installing:
- Spray foam insulation in the auxillary space and the garage
- A two-port Mitsubishi mini split, one serving the auxillary space and one serving the garage
- Hot water heater to serve the bathroom
- Two electric car charges
Other aesthetic features of the auxilary space include:
- Hardwood floors that match the interior of the home
- Exposed wood beams
- Classic crafstman window and door trim
- Tile shower
- Tile floors in the bathroom and entry way
- West Elm bathroom cabinet and vanity with marble top
- Haiku ceiling fan
- Efficient LED can lights throughout
Now that the project is complete, the homeowners enjoy using the space as their home gym. They also enjoy having a conditioned garage, which keeps their cars warmer in the winter, helping to increase the charge rate and decrease range loss in sub-frezing temperatures.
Have you always wanted a she-shed, a man-cave, or just extra space to share with your family? It's time to turn those dreams into reality! See how E3 INNOVATE can help!